Thursday, August 27, 2009

Faith

Over the past several months I have been learning a lesson about faith. There has been an issue in my life that I have wanted to change for about 2 years. I haven't done anything about it for a long time. Then in May of this year I just felt it was time to move on it. So I prayed. and I talked to some people whose wisdom I value, and then I prayed some more. Then I saw things begin to happen. Things just worked out too conveniently.. So why did I not have more faith that what I was doing was from God? Why did I not trust him to handle the problem? Do I not know that he has a plan for me. Over and over this summer things happened and worked out and I would say "that is an answer to prayer!" and I was surprised by it. Why should I be surprised when God answers prayer? Still, as I sit here tonight and type this I am on the verge of making an important decision, I hold back. Hesitant still that I will fall and fail, and maybe that's part of the plan, but still holding close to me that last shred of trust and faith that God will provide and answer this prayer. Has the lesson been learned?

No comments:

Post a Comment