Friday, June 17, 2011

Foster Care

I have been a foster parent for 12 years.  In those 12 years I have had 17 children come into my home.  Some of them for a few weeks, some for a few months, or a year and three forever.  I miss some of them so much and I think I always will.  I haven't had a placement for about 9 months, which has been ok since I have been busy with school and work and life in general.  I have been saying for the past year or so that when my license came up for renewal that I wouldn't renew.  Well guess what?  My license expires this fall.  Guess what else.  I am renewing my license.  I just don't feel like I am done being a foster parent.  I want more children in my house.  My kids (the little ones) love it when new kids come to play.  I also have recently found this amazing online group of foster parent bloggers and I have been so relieved to find in them a kindred spirit.  Someone who has been in the same trenches as me.  Finally, I feel like it is my way to serve God.  I can't do much, but I can love on his children.  So, I am going back into the trenches of foster care.  Stay tuned for related news

No comments:

Post a Comment