Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Chaos reigns....



Well, I have survived two days with 5 kids. I will find out tomorrow a little more about the length of stay the two "new guys" as Ben calls them will have here. My new friend Michelle, who runs the In His Hands Orphan and Adoption Ministry, brought by some clothes tonight for the boys. The really don't have much to speak of so every little bit helps. Poor little guys had a visit today with Mom and sibs and then cried for her all night. Amanda has been amazing with them. She has been so kind and talked to them and calmed them down and played with them. She has been such a helper too, helping get breakfast ready and cleaning up. She has really shown an amazing amount of responsibility the past two days. Ben and Cait just act like they have always been here. There hasn't been any jealousy on their part. They play well together and of course we have enough trains an matchox cars for 10 kids.I am going to have to get a bit more organized if they stay very much longer because things could really snowball and I could be overwhelmed in no time.
I had a procedure done at the plastic surgeon, he removed a mole, on Monday so i have been all swollen and crusty on my nose. The little kids keep looking at me and saying "boo boo" ? Caitlyn wants to touch it. Still too sore for that. I am going in for carpal tunnel surgery on March 25 and during that time the Dr. is going to remove the other mole on my nose and the very tender cyst on my head. I asked if he was going to have to shave any part of my hair because if he was I wasn't going to do it. I have a thing about my hair.


Well, the day is done and I believe all the little ones are finally asleep. Thank you Lord! I leave you with this picture to make you all smile.

1 comment:

  1. Have I told you lately how much you amaze me?
    Gee Barbie...I am in awe of your faith and love for the little ones in your life...
    and how you trust the Lord to meet your needs and care for you all!
    Blessings, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete